The bathroom shower cubicles are a trendy addition to any contemporary bathroom. These are becoming a popular choice for people looking to create a modern look. In addition to that, many people prefer them in comparison to the bathtub as you can take a quick shower each morning, which may save you time. It may not be possible in the bathtub. Shower enclosures are not just highly functional and practical; these can entirely transform your bathroom. That’s why many homeowners in the UK choose these cubicles. However, when planning for a makeover and installation then the biggest issue that you may face to decide the type of enclosure you want in the bathroom.
In this article, we are going to explain all about enclosures that will be helpful in making the right choice.
What are Bathroom Shower Cubicles?
The shower enclosures are enclosed spaces or cabins, usually of glass that surrounds the shower area. It creates a room inside the bathroom for the purpose of a shower. Some of these can fit in between two walls, while others can be an independent unit that stands on the floor with a wall on the backside of it. So, that makes them available in a variety of shapes and styles. A typical enclosure has the following components.
- Glass Panels. If you are going to install a glass enclosure then, it will have different glass panels that will make the walls in the surroundings. You can choose their thickness as per your desire. However, 6 mm is usually considered a reasonable choice.
- Shower Doors. Another important part of the enclosure is the shower door. It provides an organized entrance into the shower area. There are various types of door options available. And you will have to choose based on personal requirements, available space, and the type of enclosure you choose.
- Shower Tray. It is also an important part of the overall structure. Usually made with acrylic or plastic, these provide a firm base for the overall enclosure as well to stand while showering.
Different Types of Bathroom Shower Cubicles
When you plan for the shower cubicle installation, you will come across the various choice. Based on your personal preferences and bathroom size or layout, choose from these types of enclosures.
- Quadrant. It is similar to a round half-circle shape. Suitable for small spaces to install in between two walls, the quadrant is among the most popular choice for small spaces. In case you are looked for a softer shape, contemporary style enclosure for your bathroom, then it is a brilliant choice for you. It is a space-saving design.
- Offset Quadrant. It is a variation for quadrant enclosure. These are bigger compared to the standard quadrant. The purpose of installing such a shape is that it works perfectly with the medium to large bathroom sizes. Other than that all other feature of this enclosure is the same of the standard quadrant enclosure.
- Rectangular. As it is clear from the name, these are rectangular shape enclosures with all sides having equal size. You can adjust them into the corners. These are a perfect choice for medium to large bathrooms, while sliding doors are compatible with them.
- Square. As the name suggests, these are square shower enclosures. You can fit them into small, medium, or large sizes. You can fit them on the wall and in the corners.
Choosing The Bathroom Shower Cubicles
In order to choose the best bathroom shower cubicles, you will need to consider the following aspects.
- It is important that you give prime importance to the glass quality. You must ensure that glass has enough thickness to break easily. Generally, the 6mm glass thickness is enough for the enclosure. If you go for too much thickness, it will again create a lot of problems for you and does not necessarily increase sturdiness.
- You should ensure that door is fully compatible with the type of enclosure you choose. The wrong choice may create a lot of problems for you. For example, a sliding door compared to a pivot is a space-saving option.
- If you choose the bi-fold or sliding doors, then ensure that you choose high-quality and durable rollers. Plastic rollers are not durable and may go of work after some time, requiring replacement.
- You must also ensure that you choose the enclosure design that perfectly matches the overall theme and design of your bathroom. It will help you to create the type of look you want. Besides that, you should also ensure that you consider whether the design you are choosing is suitable for the space available or not. For example, if you have limited space, then an offset enclosure can be a better option for you.
Are You Planning to Install Bathroom Shower Cubicles?
In this article, we have a discussion about bathroom shower cubicles. By following the above discussion, you can choose the best shower enclosure as per your choice. At Royal Bathrooms UK, we have many fittings and fixtures available at lower prices. Have a Good Day!