Network Protocol and Standards Compatibility: IEEE 802.3 10BASET 802.3u 100BASE TX -IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE2T 802.3z 1000BASEX-X 802.3x full-duplex flow in port network ports: 10/100 Mbps automatic sensing Fast Ethernet 2 10/100/1000 Mbps automatic-sensing Gigabit Ethernet switches (RJ-45) 1 slot for SFP GBIC Modules. LEDs per port: (10/100 or Gigabit) Link/ Activity Speed -Per device: specifications for Power Performance: Forwarding modes: Store-and forward -Bandwidth: 8.8 Gbps -Network latency: 20ms for 64-byte frames when in store-and-forward mode, for 511777-001 up to 100 Mbps transmission. -Buffer memory: 256 KB of embedded memory per unit. Address database size 8000 Media Access Control (MAC) addresses for each system. Addressing: 48-bit MAC addresses -Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 30,55,000 minutes (~35 years) Acoustic Noise
To configure for your NETGEAR Smart Managed Pro Switch so that it can connect with Insight, follow these basic steps:
- Install and run the Insight application on your smartphone.
- If you don’t possess Insight, you must sign up. Insight account, you can create one.
- Download the most recent firmware for your switch from NETGEAR support site and then install it.
- Connect a computer to the switch’s local management interface, and enable the Insight management mode.
- Make sure you connect your switch to Insight and begin configuring it.
- (Optional) Create settings (optional) that are not manageable in Insight.
The sections below provide these steps more in specific detail. You can also see these steps on video posted on the YouTube channel of Netgear fs726t
1. Download and open the Insight application on your smartphone.
For more details, visit where can I download the NETGEAR Insight mobile application?.
2. If you do not possess Insight, you must sign up. Insight account, you can create one.
For more details, visit How do I set up the Insight Account?.
3. Download the most current firmware for your device from the NETGEAR support site and then install it.
Download and install the newest firmware for your device:
- Visit NETGEAR Support.
- Start typing the model number into the search box. Then, select the model you want to use by clicking on the drop-down list when it appears.
If you don’t have a drop-down menu available, ensure that you have entered the correct model number or choose a product category to look up the model of your product.
Your switch’s support page for product displays.
- Click Downloads.
- In Current Versions, click the download that starts by Firmware Version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the directions in the user manual of your switch or firmware release notes or the support page for your product to install the new firmware.
The switch’s manual for users from the Documentation and User Guides section on the product support page of the switch.
4. Connect a computer to the switch’s local management interface, and switch to “Local Only” mode to “Insight management” mode.
Your switch is operating in the local user interface of your browser configuration by default. The activation of Insight management mode the first time, resets your switch back to it’s the default settings from which it came. It is added later to the Insight Cloud but displays as offline. In the event of any future changes in Insight Management mode, it is only settings that can be managed by Insight are altered. If you would like to preserve the present settings, we suggest to first export the settings of your switch before activating Insight Managed mode. For more details about exporting the configuration file of your switch, refer to your switch’s manual for users.
If you connect your switch’s Serial Number to an Insight account, and you are operating in Local Mode, the device displays disconnected in your Insight application and Insight Cloud Portal. This means that the switch is connected from cloud till you turn it is to Insight Management mode within Insight’s local UI.
To enable Insight management mode:
- Connect your PC with the network of the switch.
It is possible to use the Wi-Fi (or wired) connection for connecting your computer with the Internet, or directly to a device that is not connected to the network using one of the Ethernet cable.
- Start a web browser.
- The address bar of the browser, type in the IP address of the switch.
It displays the NETGEAR Business screen displays. You will be asked to sign in using the details of your NETGEAR account.
Be aware that if the switch isn’t connected to the Internet or is not connected to a network, and you’re prompted to sign in using your local password. (The standard local password for the switch is password.)
- Hit on the Login button.
This is the NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
- Enter your account email and password, then click the LOGIN button.
This page displays the System Information page displays.
- Choose your NETGEAR Insight Mobile App and Insight Cloud Portal radio button.
A pop-up window appears.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
Another pop-up window will open.
- Click OK.
Your settings are stored. Your System Information page closes and the NETGEAR Business page is displayed once more.
5. Connect the switch you want to add on your Insight account by using the mobile app , and then start configuring it.
- Look for the device’s label located on the bottom or rear of your switch.
The serial number for your switch can be found in this tag.
- Start the Insight application.
- Log into your account that you registered earlier.
- Click + on the top left edge of your screen.
- Enter the serial number of your switch within the Enter Serial Number field and press Go.
- In the field Network Location Name, you must enter the name of the new network location you’re connecting the switch.
If you’re planning to set up multiple Insight network site, make sure you choose descriptive names to aid in identifying the location of which network, like “2nd Floor Marketing” or “Mowry Avenue” or “Richmond Office.”
- Check that your time and country zone are correct.
- Tap Next.
- Under Do you wish to switch on Insight Management? Tap Yes, and continue.
- Enter the device’s name, then press Next.
A pop-up window appears.
- Tap Continue.
You must wait until you get the Insight switched managed to link to your Insight cloud in the cloud’s first instance.
It typically takes between 5 and 15 minutes. When the Insight app informs the user that their switch has been in connection with Insight cloud service, it is able to modify Insight to manage settings, like link aggregation as well as VLANs.